Monday, November 7, 2011

Grand Teton

Upper Mesa Falls

We stopped by Yellowstone on the way. The pools were highlighted by a stormy sky. The above picture I loved, yet of the hundreds of people that I saw, not one of them stopped to even look or take a picture. It makes me wonder how many times I personally walk by something truly beautiful, and don't notice.


When I arrived home and saw this image, I thought that I had done something wrong. The tree's were yellow, not red. People have asked whether I "pushed" the colors. The answer is no. The light behind me was a purple/pink color. This sunrise color really gave this image the glow.

This image was shot with a 17-50mm lens! The coyote came within 5 feet of me before I shot to my feet with rocks in my hand. (my camera was in my backpack still.) After that he would never let me get within 20 feet.


These are the same trees as the red ones above, only in full sun.
I had to hold my camera above my head to get this. I think that I took about 10 that I did not like before I got this shot.